We Use The Power Of Hot Light.
We use the latest technologies to provide you with the highest quality services and products.
From tiny to huge, we can engrave it.
Auckland Level 3 – Wednesday 12th August 2020
Before the lockdown, we took steps to minimise health risks to both customers and our employees by sanitising our entire workplace every morning and after each customer entered our premises. We are also adhering to the 2 metre distancing rule and have had our workspaces rearranged so we are self-isolated within our work areas.
Same as NZ’s previous Level 3, our showroom is closed to customers but we are still processing and dispatching all orders as usual. You can choose to select pick up in our checkout, we have contactless systems in place.
When dropping off an item, once you reach our carpark we ask for you to give us a call so we are aware you are leaving something at our store door. If you are picking up your order, please give us a call prior to your arrival and we will leave your order outside the door. You will be required to answer a couple questions regarding your order before picking up for identification.
Take care and stay well. We’ve done it once, we can do it again!
Our Solutions… Your Success
Award Marking is a full service laser engraving & cutting provider for the industrial market. If you require engraving of the highest standard, we will provide it for you, on time and at a competitive price.
From tiny to huge, from barcodes and number sequences to logos and graphics, from basic industrial to delicate coated metals, from generator and label plates to markings on leather, glass, granite and marble … we can handle it.
Whether we engrave your product or ours, our experienced staff will be there every step of the way to make sure you get the results you're looking for.
We offer a huge range of engraving and marking solutions on many different materials - whether it's your product or ours, our qualified staff will make sure you're completely satisfied with the end results. We can work with your organization’s logo and colors, or design something entirely new. In fact, the majority of the work we do is customized to fit your needs. If you require a large quantity, small quantity or have a tight deadline, we have the resources to handle your order.
Our Equipment… Your Advantage
- TROTECH SPEEDMARKER FIBRE YAG for marking most plastic and metals
- ELECTROX LAMP PUMPED YAG for marking most plastic and metals
- 150W KERN HSE 2500 X 1300MM for engraving & cutting
- 45W EPILOG 600 X 450MM for laser engraving & cutting
- 45W UNIVERSAL 600 X 450MM engraving & cutting
- MIMAKI HG410 UV direct to substrate printer 420 X 300 X 150MM print area
- Sand etch cabinet
- Sublimation Printing up to 420 X 300MM
Award Marking Materials
We are capable of engraving on many different materials, such as;
- Anodized Aluminum
- Stainless Steel
- Coated or Bare Metals
- Most Plastics
Rotary Laser engraving on curved surfaces, cylinders either partial or full wrap
- We are able to rotate and engrave an object 360°
- From a small object to large objects, our rotaries can accommodate a wide range of objects and sizes
- Rotating a curved object when engraving assures an even and defined marking
- Uneven, odd and textured surfaces are also engraveable
- Aluminium and metal parts
- One off custom or volume work
- Metal engraving of: Dials, scales, pipes, graduated Knobs, buttons
- Metal gifts: Flasks, wine coolers, mugs
- Glass and crystal: glasses, vases, flasks
- Wood: Pens, tumblers
Laser cutting is a process in which a high-powered laser is focused and controlled by a computer to cut through various materials with higher precision and faster speeds, leaving a cleaner edge than many other cutting methods.
Whether you need high volume or small prototype runs, Award Marking is equipped to laser cut jobs of all sizes. Precision cutting, speed, versatility, and quick turnaround make this process the perfect solution for many industrial applications, from architectural models to manufacturing companies.
MATERIALS WE CAN LASER CUT:
- Wood & wood based products
- Synthetic and Natural Fabrics
- Paper & other organic materials
- Die Cut Prototypes
- Architectural models
- Templates & Stencils
- Tags & Labels
Direct to Substrate Printing
Direct printing is an excellent solution for anyone who wants to save money, time, and have a full digital colour on many substrates. Our UV cure, flatbed printer prints directly onto wood, acrylic, PVC, aluminum, ABS, polycarbonate, glass, stainless steel and much more.
Direct Printing produces a durable image that will last for years and is also easy to care for. Whether it’s a reusable vinyl banner that’s going to make an appearance year after year, or detailed artwork printed to a piece of aluminum, plastic or canvas, let us match this time saving, affordable process to your project needs.
With direct printing, the ink is cured with a UV light instead of heat so it dries instantly as its printing. Turnaround time is shortened in many cases. The inks are colorfast, scratch resistant and waterproof. Because we can print on many different substrates, the durability of your sign now depends on the durability of the substrate, not the printing. We can run almost any kind of smooth, flat substrate up to 150mm thick and a maximum of 420 x 300mm through our flatbed printer.
Dye-sublimation printing is a digital printing technology using full color artwork that works with polyester coated substrates. We use this process for signage as well as novelty items such as cell phone covers, plaques, coffee mugs, and name badges.
High pressure air mixed with an abrasive material cuts away at the glass surface to create the desired effect. The longer the stream of air and abrasive material are focused in one spot, the deeper the cut.
Some sample engraving types
We are cost competitive with other engraving and printing methods.
Most orders are completed within 5 business days with a rush service available.
No Minimum Quantity
One piece or ten thousand pieces, each order gets special attention.
There are four types of engraving and marking we specialize in;
- Laser Engraving: using both CO2 and YAG laser engravers, marking can be done on materials such as Acrylic, Aluminium, Brass, Ceramics, Copper, Glass, Plastics, Leather, Pewter, Rubber, Stainless Steel, Steel, Wood and many others. All of these materials, with the exception of the metals, can be cut as well.
- Glass Etching: By using a laser mask process and pressured sand, we etch on glass, crystal and marble.
- Sublimation: Sublimation is the process by which ink is permanently embedded into a substrate such as plastic, metal, fabric, ceramics and glass. The process allows us to print in multiple colors, with photographic quality imagery, up to 600 x 300 in short and long runs. Sublimation is much more durable than screen printing.
Direct Printing: Direct Printing produces a durable image that will last for years and is also easy to care for. The ink is cured with a UV light instead of heat so it dries instantly as its printing. The inks are colorfast, scratch resistant and waterproof. We can run almost any kind of smooth, flat substrate up to 150mm thick and a maximum of 420 x 300mm through our flatbed printer.
We print name badges, interior signage, coasters, bag tags, car flags and MUCH MORE!!
We also offer engraved plastic signage, name badges, identification plates, machine plates, custom metal and plastic signage, sublimates products all customized to suit your needs.
If you don’t find what you’re looking for on our website, please let us know.
Our professional staff will be glad to assist you in finding the right solution.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Q: What is your normal turnaround time?
A: Our standard turnaround time is 5-10 business days for most items. However, we are always willing to accommodate any reasonable deadline, though rush charges may apply.
Q: Do you offer any volume discounts?
A: Yes. If you need large quantities, please call us for a custom quote.
Q: Can you engrave using my logo?
A: Yes. Please send us your logo as an eps vector file.
Q: How do I send my text files?
A: You may either type your text in an e-mail, or send us a Microsoft Word or Notepad attachment.
Q: Can you engrave logos and text on your products?
A: Yes, we can engrave almost anything that can be scanned and converted to a bitmapped image.
Q: What materials can be marked with your laser?
A: We can engrave on the following Acrylic, Aluminium, Brass, Ceramics, Copper, Glass, most Plastics, Leather, Pewter, Rubber, Stainless Steel, Steel and Wood.
Q: Can you cut any materials?
A: Yes! Wood, acrylic, leather and thin steel can be cut to almost any shape.
Q: Why use laser engraving?
A: Many industries take advantage of the multiple benefits that laser engraving offers including the medical, automotive, electrical and promotional products industries, to name a few. The flexibility of lasers allows us to perform a variety of marking operations including serialisation, bar-coding, product identification, brand names and logos.
Consider these benefits
- Laser engraving will not distort or otherwise damage surfaces the way stamping and conventional engraving can.
- Laser engraved marking will not come off the way painted or screen printed marking does.
- Laser engraving requires no corrosive chemicals to come in contact with the part as with chemical etching, eliminating the possibility of corrosion or staining.
- Laser engraving generally has a better contrast than typical mechanical engraving.
- Laser engraving is capable of making much finer detail than any other method.
Our Commitment to Quality
Award Marking is committed to delivering the highest quality marking and engravings available at any price. For us, if it’s worth making, it’s worth marking right. Please call us with your next project and you will soon see how committed we are to providing you with solutions, quality and service.
Artwork may be provided by the following methods:
E-mail to email@example.com
Through the Cloud/Online Drive
Memory stick (PC format)
For artwork supplied the following formats may be used: (in order of preference)
CDR – Coreldraw (version X7 or earlier)
Vector EPS – Encapsulated postscript
AI – Adobe Illustrator (version CS5 or earlier)
PDF – Adobe Placeable Document Format
DOC – Microsoft Word Document
Hi Res JPG, JPEG
Award Marking Ltd
29G Sir William Ave, East Tamaki
P: 09 272 4300 F: 09 272 4304